June 3-4, 2023
Entry Fee: $26
Entry Opens: May 6
Entry Closes: May 28
Committee: Phil Trimble (Chairman), Board of Directors
The Rules of Golf as issued by the USGA govern play, along with Local Rules as applicable in the Club’s “Hard Card”. See below for additional Conditions of Competition. Violations are addressed by the Tournament Committee in cooperation with the Rules Committee.
This is a two-day, 36-hole Flighted Individual Gross and Net Stroke Play Tournament using 100% of Home Course Handicap. The Tournament Committee uses Golf Genius to determine Flights and daily pairings. Home Course Handicap is as of the date of tournament set up. The Tournament Committee makes every effort to create flights with the least amount of Handicap differential possible.
Tees to be utilized will be set by the committee based on the number of participants and flights.
The combined Low Gross scores from Flight 1 determines the President’s Cup champion.
A Sudden Death playoff will decide all ties for first place. Playoff holes are determined by the Tournament Committee based on course availability. Players are responsible for knowing the likelihood of a playoff possibility. Failure to be present for the playoff will result in relinquishing first place for second place. All other ties are co-winners and the place money is evenly split.
All scores are posted by the Committee for USGA Handicap purposes, with applicable Adjusted Gross Score applied.
When you sign up for the tournament on PayPal, a voluntary $10.00 is collected from each player wishing to enter a Flighted Net Skins game. In addition, a voluntary $10.00 is collected from each player wishing to enter a Gross Over the Field Skins game. In the event of “No Skins Out” on Saturday the skins money carries over to Sunday. In the event of “No Skins Out” on Sunday the competition reverts to a Best Skin Format on Sunday’s results only.
HOLE-IN-ONE POT – ACTIVE EAGLE POT – ACTIVE RINGER POT – ACTIVE
Club Pace of Play and Lightning Policies are in Effect!
1. Flight 1 pays first place Gross and first place Net, with the remainder of the payouts based on Net scores. All other Flight payouts are based on Net Scores.
2. Closest to the Flagstick each day: Holes #4, #8, #13 and #17 are awarded Gift Cards.
3. Closest 2nd shot to the Flagstick each day: Holes #1 and #10 are paid $25.00 cash.
4. Least Putts each day (ties are broken by random drawing) are paid $25.00 cash. The first two places are paid.
5. Individual Payout: “Money on the Books”, using the Tournament Payout Schedule D for 1st Flight, all other Flights use Schedule A. The number of participants in each flight determines places paid.
6. The President’s Cup Champion will have his name engraved on the plaque in the trophy case, and will receive an award at the Fall Banquet.
SUNDAY ONLY: $500.00 Net Shootout.
Upon tournament completion and official posting of all flight winners, there will be, weather permitting, a six-hole elimination Shootout on the Championship course. Eligible competitors will be the first place Gross and first place Net winner from Flight one plus the first and second place Net winners from remaining flights. Competitors will play from the same tees they played during competition, at 100% course handicap.
Note: Ties for second place participation are broken by scorecard playoff (USGA Rules of Golf). The Shootout holes and competition rules are determined by the Tournament Committee based on course availability.
The Shootout pays four (4) places, in cash:
Winner - $200 2nd place - $150 3rd place - $100 4th place - $50