5 Man Scramble
March 27, 2021
Alternate Date: April 3
Entry Fee: $12
Entry Opens: Feb. 27
Entry Closes: March 21
Tournament Committee: Scott Cavallero (Chair), Kenny Brown, Jim Chesney
The Rules of Golf as issued by the USGA govern play, along with Local Rules as applicable in the Club’s “Hard Card”. See below for additional Conditions of Competition. Violations are addressed by the Tournament Committee in cooperation with the Rules Committee.
This is a one-day, 18-hole Gross Team tournament. Each team competes for the best single Gross score for the 18 holes. Teams consist of 5 players, an “A”, “B”, “C”, “D”, and “E”. The Tournament Committee uses Golf Genius to determine teams. Each team must have at least FOUR players prior to the first tee; teams with less than four do not qualify for the tournament and are refunded their entry fees. (See below for special instructions for teams with four players.)
1) Players A, B and C play from the Blue Tees. Players D and E play from the White Tees. All members of the team play the second shot and thereon until a ball is holed. Each player’s tee shot must be used at least once on the Front 9 and at least once on the Back 9.
2) With the approval of the other team members, the A player selects the best shot on each hole. (Note: All balls are lift, clean and place.)
3) Except for on the green and in all hazards, the team is allowed no more than one club length, no closer to the hole, to play their next shot. The club length cannot substantially change the conditions of the lie of the original shot, i.e. cannot drop or place onto the green, get in or out of a bunker, get in and out of the native into the rough, or get out of the rough into the fairway. Team members are allowed to rake the sand after each shot in a bunker.
4) On the green, the team is allowed to place the ball no farther away than a standard golf pencil, no closer to the hole. Team members may stand on the line of the putt.
5) At the end of each hole, the A player is responsible for recording the Gross score and the tee shot used, and signing the scorecard at the end of the round. There is only one Gross score per hole. (No handicaps are applied.)
To speed up play, once a ball is holed, pick up and proceed to the next hole.
In the case of a tie for first place, Co-Champions shall be declared and the place money is evenly split. All other ties are co-winners and the place money is evenly split.
Prior to the first tee, at the Registration Table, a voluntary $5.00 is collected from each team member wishing to enter a Gross Skins Over the Field Game. In the event of “No Skins Out”, the competition reverts to the Best Skin Format. Any member of a team that does not enter is excluded in any payout.
Hole-in-One Pot – Active Eagle Pot – In-Active Ringer Pot – In-Active
Lightning Policies are in Effect!
Special Instructions: Teams with Four Players
Each team must have at least four players prior to the first tee. If a player is missing, the following procedure applies:
If the A player is missing, then the B player plays two balls on each hole.
If the B player is missing, then the A & C players alternate playing two balls on each hole.
If the C player is missing, then the B & D players alternate playing two balls on each hole. The B player plays from the Blue Tees on both tee shots, and the D player plays from the White Tees on both tee shots.
If the D player is missing, then the C & E players alternate playing two balls on each hole. The C player plays from the Blue Tees on both tee shots, and the E player plays from the White Tees on both tee shots.
If the E player is missing then the D player plays two balls on each hole.
Shots played as the second ball are invalid for the Hole-in-One and Closest-to-the-Flagstick contests.
Closest to the Flagstick: Holes #4, #8, #13 and #17(Gift Cards are awarded.)
Team Payout: “Money on the Books”, using Tournament Payout Schedule A. The number of teams determines places paid.